Investment Banking Life Sciences – Analyst /Associate
H.C. Wainwright & Co., LLC
NEW YORK, NY
INVESTMENT BANKING LIFE SCIENCES – ANALYST /ASSOCIATE
H.C. Wainwright was established in 1868 and is a New York City based boutique healthcare investment bank. The company is dedicated to providing corporate finance, strategic advisory, research, sales &trading, and related services to public and private growth companies across multiple sectors and regions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: We are looking for an Investment Banking Analyst/Associates to join a growing Healthcare/Biotechnology Investment Banking team in New York. As a Banking Analyst/Associate, you will develop expertise in the sector by conducting fundamental company and financial analysis, all under the supervision of a seasoned Senior Banker. In addition to honing your core financial skills and taking the Series 79,7 & 63, you will constructively apply scientific, industrial/clinical expertise to individual client products and pipeline developments, interact with company managements, and work closely with our Capital Markets team. A strong work ethic, excellent writing skills, ability to multi-task, work long hours, and a collegial attitude is essential for success.
- MD, MS and/or PhD in related disciplines
- Minimum of 1+ years industry and/or clinical experience/training.
- Prior Investment Banking experience a plus, not necessary
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small team environment
- Seek out and establish new client relationships
- Tenacious at adhering to deadlines, with a strong sense of urgency and ability to define priorities
- Prepare and contribute to delivery of client presentations and interact with senior bankers, clients, lawyers, and accountants
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
COMPENSATION: Competitive with industry norms.