Investment Associate – Healthcare Impact Vc
Global Health Investment Corporation
New York, NY
The Global Health Investment Corporation (GHIC) is a health impact venture firm focused on investing in transformational technologies and products that will enable a healthier world and safer future for all. A pioneer of impact investing in global health, GHIC has been financing innovation in public health for over a decade.
Our new global health security venture investment portfolio will be launched in partnership with BARDA (Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority), which is providing funding to GHIC of up to $500M to accelerate the development of technologies that address public health emergencies, such as pandemics and other health security threats.
GHIC is growing its team to become the preeminent health impact platform and scaling across a number of roles to support the expansion of its investment portfolio and other programmatic activities.
About the Role
We are looking for an Associate to join our investment team in New York City. As an Associate, you will source, evaluate, and execute investment opportunities and deeply understand the health security landscape across diagnostics, therapeutics, vaccines, and biomanufacturing, as well as chemical, biologic, radiologic and nuclear health security events. We offer a flexible work environment, a diverse set of projects, and a best-in-class peer group to learn from. This is a unique opportunity to explore and generate impact in public health with the tools of venture investing.
- Screen and source investment opportunities
- Analyze preclinical and clinical data
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts and key opinion leaders
- Construct market and company valuation models
- Support negotiation and closing of new investments
- Track progress of portfolio companies post-investment
- Research GHIC’s areas of interest to inform and develop investment theses
- Collaborate with the broader GHIC team to provide organizational support as needed
Qualifications and Required Skills
- B.S. in life sciences or related field; an M.D. or Ph.D. is preferred but not a requirement
- 2-5 years of work experience in a life sciences sell side, buy side, or consulting role
- Fluency with corporate finance concepts and financial modeling
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of global health and/or health security
- Ability to be proactive and organized in working independently, as well as in interacting with team members and external stakeholders (companies, co-investors, limited partners, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
The expected base salary range for this role is $125k - $150k. This position is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus. Actual base salary offers will be based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, experience, and qualifications. Exceptional candidates may be considered for a senior associate role.