New York, NY
Surveyor Capital is looking for an Investment Associate for one of our fundamental Healthcare teams, focused on public and private biotech investing. The Investment Associate will work closely with a supervising Investment Analyst and Portfolio Manager to research investment ideas, utilizing a fundamental bottoms-up approach to stock selection in a market neutral context. Successful Investment Associates are given greater responsibility, with the ultimate goal of growing into an Investment Analyst Role.
- Understand and interpret scientific and/or clinical data from diverse therapeutic areas, including evaluation of clinical trials, with a focus on biotech and pharma sectors.
- Perform detailed scientific due diligence, and construct company financial and drug revenue models in Excel
- Meet with company management teams, building strong professional relationships
- Synthesize, communicate, and present long and short investment ideas to an Investment Analyst and/or Portfolio Manager
- Actively participate in quarterly earnings calls and monitor material news events related to companies under coverage
- Attend medical and investor conferences and management meetings (includes travel)
- Identify and analyze relevant healthcare industry dynamics, including payor and regulatory factors.
- Evaluate new coverage opportunities
- Advanced degree in biology or related sciences (M.D., Ph.D.) given strong preference, Minimum of B.S. in Biology or related field required
- Prior industry consulting, venture capital, long-only and/or sell-side research experience not required, but preferred
- Excellent analytical and statistical analysis skills, with strong attention to detail
- Passion for fundamental analysis and demonstrated interest in biotech investing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and a hunger for learning