Investment Analyst, Biotechnology
Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners
Bay Area (monthly travel to NYC), CA
Venrock is a leading investment firm in the healthcare sector for 50+ years. Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners is the firm's dedicated set of funds focusing on long-term investment opportunities in small capitalization public and late-stage private companies across all sectors in the healthcare and life sciences industry, with an emphasis on biopharmaceuticals.
Bay Area based with monthly travel to NYC.
- Perform scientific due diligence on key product candidates in pre-clinical and clinical development
- Analyze information using various data sources, including scientific literature, medical conferences, and commercial databases
- Attend investment conferences and interview company management
- Build and maintain company financial models and detailed market models for products/diseases
- Closely monitor company news flow, and clinical, regulatory and reimbursement developments
Qualifications and Experience:
- MD or MD/PhD (MD required)
- MBA with 0-3 years of work experience (in lieu of an MBA, at least 1 year of work experience) at the following: private or public investment firm, strategy consulting firm, investment bank/equity research
- Track record of outstanding academic performance
- Intellectual curiosity and strong interest in biotechnology/drug development and investing
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and ability to communicate in a concise manner
- Impeccable integrity, strong work ethic and team player
The salary range for this position is $250,000 to $300,000. Compensation will be determined based on several factors including, but not limited to, skill set, years of experience, and the employee’s geographic location. Employees in this role are entitled to additional compensation, including a discretionary annual bonus.
- Submit resumes (including GPAs and all standardized test scores) via DOC website