Greenwich, CT-based Healthcare dedicated investment fund
Remote/Flexible | Greenwich, CT
Greenwich, CT-based Healthcare dedicated investment fund is seeking a research/investment analyst intern to join its investment team for a 8-12 week internship program. The fund utilizes a process-driven approach to investing to capitalize on innovation and disruption in the Healthcare sector over a multi-year time horizon. The fund founder and CIO has nearly two decades of investing experience, and the broader investment team has more than 40 years of combined healthcare investing and industry experience. The position is a great opportunity for a candidate to be mentored by several investment professionals while performing deep fundamental research on innovative themes and technological advances in Healthcare across biopharma, medical technology and life sciences. The candidate will primarily focus on therapeutics, including epidemiology, statistics and clinical trial analysis, but will occasionally be asked to review technical aspects of select investments in medical technology and life sciences. Note this is a part-time position that may lead to an offer of full-time employment. Finance experience is not required. Compensation to be negotiated prior to commencement of internship. The firm is headquartered in Greenwich but the internship will consist of both virtual and in-person interactions so all interested applicants irrespective of geographic location are encouraged to apply.
* Undergraduate degree in scientific, research or medical field required. Expertise in Immunology preferred.
* Active pursuit of an advanced degree in Public Health, MD, or PhD is preferred.
* Willingness to learn and perform extensive financial modeling. Finance experience not required for consideration.
* High integrity
* Exceptional work ethic and initiative
* Team player and willingness to collaborate
* Passion for learning, both public market investing and scientific innovation
* Excellent (verbal and written) communication skills