Hedge Fund Oncology Research Analyst
Alera Partners LP
Alera Partners is a global equity healthcare focused investment firm launched in August 2020. Based in Greenwich, CT we specialize in the biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical technology sectors. Alera’s flagship fund employs an absolute return, low net strategy which targets low double-digit uncorrelated net returns with low volatility. Pairing fundamental primary research with trading acumen, we employ a disciplined, process-oriented approach to portfolio management. Alera’s managing partners have combined 30+ years of investment, management, and operational experience.
Alera Partners is seeking an Oncology Research Analyst for their small, highly collaborative, investment team. This is an excellent opportunity for growth as the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to work directly with and learn from the Portfolio Manager (PM) and other Research Analysts.
- MD or PhD (Oncology focus) with history of academic excellence at top tier institutions
- Strong preference for published Oncology research
- Detailed understanding of the drug/device development process, including:
- Ability to analyze pre-clinical and clinical data
- Strong knowledge of clinical trial designs
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for marketing approval
- Prior investment experience NOT required (PM will train the successful candidate)
- Candidate will assist PM and investment team in conducting clinical, scientific, and commercial due diligence on oncology companies.
- Candidate will initiate peer level conversations with KOLs and community-based physicians and conduct detailed survey work to determine how new treatments will fit into clinical practice algorithms.
- Candidate will attend medical and scientific conferences in both the US and Europe and interact with KOLs and medical professionals and present key takeaways to the PM and investment team.
- Intellectual maturity
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and a continuous desire to learn
- Team player
Please do not apply without meeting all the qualifications.