Hedge Fund Biotechnology Associate
Hong Kong, China | Shanghai, China
Hedge Fund Biotechnology Associate - China
OrbiMed is a leading investment firm dedicated exclusively to the healthcare sector. OrbiMed invests globally across the spectrum of healthcare companies, from venture capital start-ups to large multinational companies. OrbiMed's team of more than 80 employees manages a series of private equity funds, public equity funds, royalty/debt funds and other investment vehicles. OrbiMed maintains its headquarters in New York City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Mumbai, and Herzliya.
The Hedge Fund Biotechnology Associate will support senior research analysts and portfolio managers. The Associate will play an integral supporting role in the generation of new investment ideas in the biotech sector and management of current portfolio positions. Specific activities will include performing due diligence on drugs in development, maintaining market and company models and maintaining proprietary firm databases. The position is intended to last for 2-3 years, but potentially could be extended for select candidates. The position provides an exceptional opportunity for individuals with scientific backgrounds interested in gaining experience in investing. The Associate will be based in Hong Kong or Shanghai.
*Applicants for this role must have valid work authorization for employment in Hong Kong or Shanghai*.
- Perform scientific due diligence on key product candidates in clinical development.
- Build and maintain company financial models and detailed market models for products/diseases.
- Gather information using various data sources, including scientific literature, medical conferences and paid consultants to the firm.
- Conduct due diligence calls with physicians and other consultants.
- Attend company management meetings and investment/medical conferences.
- Generate investment ideas in the biotechnology universe.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology or related discipline from a top program preferred.
- Interest in drug development and the biotechnology industry.
- Motivated to learn the investing business.
- Organized, detailed-oriented personality with the ability to multi-task in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic and commitment.
- Compensation will be competitive for the industry
Send cover letter and resumes to Asiaresumes@OrbiMed.com