Alpha Wave Global
New York, NY | Miami, FL
Alpha Wave Global is seeking to hire a Healthcare Analyst to join our Alpha Wave Ventures team.
The Healthcare Analyst will make a meaningful contribution to our healthcare team and to society, by helping identify and invest in best-in-class venture and growth-stage private companies across the healthcare sector, with a key focus on biotech therapeutics. Additionally, the Healthcare Analyst will assist our existing portfolio companies achieve key objectives in their pursuit of improving the human condition.
Alpha Wave Global is an alternative investment firm founded in 2012. Alpha Wave Ventures (the venture investing arm of Alpha Wave Global) is actively deploying $10bn+ in capital from latest venture fund. The firm manages a variety of investment strategies ranging from venture and growth to credit to public markets. Alpha Wave has offices in New York, Miami, London, Abu Dhabi, Tel Aviv, Bangalore, Jakarta, and Sydney.
The opportunity is to play a key role in identifying and supporting companies behind the next generation of disruptive technologies and therapies that will improve the health of mankind. Our investments address themes in healthcare, biotechnology, medical devices, and areas of convergence between healthcare and tech, while we invest across stages that span the private-stage company lifecycle (seed stage to late-private; the firm also engages in new company creation).
The Healthcare Analyst will have both autonomy as well as significant support: the autonomy to discover and interrogate investment opportunities by leveraging their accumulated insights, knowledge, and experience; and the support that enables the Healthcare Analyst to expand their skill set and grow into a more well-rounded venture capitalist, with a disciplined and alpha-generating investment process.
The Healthcare Analyst will:
- Work on a highly collaborative team, supporting the team’s Managing Director and receiving mentorship, including the honing of analytical skills, diligence process, thesis development and overall investment process
- Collaborate with pioneers at the forefront of medicine, across their respective fields within the healthcare sector
- Source investment opportunities driven by the pursuit of disruptive technologies and therapies across the sector, with a clear understanding of investment inputs and risks that relate to management and personnel, strategy, biology, chemistry, development, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, intellectual property, commercial prospects and competition
- Gather information and critically review data from scientific literature, medical conferences, company filings and other publicly available sources
- Conduct company due diligence including with expert calls, data analysis, mapping of competitive landscapes and IP analysis
- Synthesize data inputs into a thesis and investment decision, appropriately assess opportunity vs. key risks, and clearly present the work to the team
- Assist with the presentation of investment ideas to internal investment committees
- Support and monitor existing portfolio companies in their pursuit of key objectives
Are You A Strong Fit For the Role?
- The ideal candidate has experience in venture capital
- An advanced degree in life sciences is required
- Strong intellectual curiosity and self-motivation
- Desire to grow investment skill set, improve investment process
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Highly organized, diligent note-taker
- Strong presentation skills with clear and concise writing
NYC or Miami