New York, NY
Altium Capital Management is a NY-based alternative investment manager primarily focused in the Healthcare industry. Our CEO, Jacob Gottlieb, has over 20 years of healthcare hedge fund investing experience, developing successful teams of investment professionals and business management staff. Additionally, Altium co-sponsored the successful IPO of a new SPAC, Medicus Sciences Acquisition Corp. (Ticker MSAC). Our growing team (currently 17 people) includes medical doctors, scientific professionals, and experienced fund managers who work together to uncover unique investment insights to produce superior returns.
At Altium Capital, we look for intelligent, motivated people who want to learn and develop their careers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative team approach, positive culture, and firmwide integrity.
Overview of the Healthcare Analyst Role:
We are seeking an analyst to support our senior investment professionals by sourcing and diligencing potential public and private investment opportunities, monitoring portfolio companies, and tracking market transactions. Ideal candidate will have a background in biotech, specialty pharmaceuticals, medical technology, or related areas. Candidate must have experience with the legal and transactional aspects of deal structuring. Candidate should be a self-starter, managing all aspects of the investment process, including 1x1 interaction with management teams, roadshows, deal color, and managing street relationships all the way through deal allocation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source new investment opportunities through frequent, direct outreach to management teams
- Lead the execution of privately negotiated financings where appropriate (both public and private market)
- Develop and maintain network of buy side, sell side, and industry contacts for access to syndicated and private transactions
- Analyze and identify investment opportunities (memos, checklists, models, research)
- Track and update portfolio company and industry events
- Manage and build valuation models, universe tracking, and deal calendar
- Interface with sellside bankers and capital markets teams, corporate investor relations and management, KOL’s, conferences, roadshows, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong science background (PhD, masters, or undergraduate focus in biology preferred)
- 5-7 years of total experience (minimum 3 years of Wall Street experience, background in ECM a plus)
- Legal background and/or experience with structuring of bespoke deals a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly pitch ideas
- Exceptional judgement for identifying opportunities
- Financial and data analysis, including financial statements and modeling, market and pricing estimates, etc.
- Self-motivated, professional, strong attention to detail and process
No recruiters please.