Fairmount Funds is seeking a highly motivated analyst with a healthcare / finance background to join our team. Fairmount is focused on investments in US and EU public and private biotechnology companies with a focus on novel therapeutics, robust research organizations, and experienced management teams. This individual will report to the Partners and Director of Research and will contribute analysis that supports the management of both existing and prospective investments.
The position is based at our offices in Philadelphia (Center City).
- Clear, concise, and accurate synthesis and communication of preclinical and clinical data, as well as commercial and competitive landscapes, to support investment decision making
- Evaluation and active monitoring of scientific literature and clinical, preclinical and commercial databases to ensure the team is fully apprised of upcoming datasets and presentations
- Engagement and curiosity with subject matter – e.g. will join and contribute to discussions with subject matter experts and provide cogent, digestible summaries of key takeaways
- A willingness to work across roles in the organization to accomplish tasks – we are a lean entrepreneurial team
- B.S., M.S., M.D. or Ph.D. in biology, chemistry, or related field
- Prior professional experience in finance or analytical roles is a plus
- Interest in both the business and science of drug discovery and development – our decisions are grounded in science, data, and a long-term view
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to work with flexibility in a virtual environment when required
- Excellent project management skills – ability to manage multiple lines of work at once and rapidly shift between tasks when required
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent proficiency in excel and powerpoint
About Fairmount Funds
Fairmount Funds Management LLC is an SEC registered investment advisor based in Philadelphia, PA. Fairmount advises private funds that invest predominately in US and EU public and private biotechnology companies with a focus on novel therapeutics, robust research organizations, and experienced management teams.