Equity Research - Smid Cap Biotechnology - Analyst
New York, NY
Are you intellectually curious, highly communicative, an efficient writer, and good at building relationships, triangulating data, and solving puzzles? You have found the right team!
As an Analyst in Equity Research – SMid Cap Biotechnology, you will become an industry expert, helping to conduct and facilitate industry analysis and company-specific coverage. This involves core research ranging from dissecting earnings releases and regulatory filings to assessing relevant news events, modeling financial statements and industry dynamics, performing detailed valuation work, writing research notes and sector pieces, and speaking to internal and external clients and management teams about the stocks and sector. You will work with our partners in both Sales and Trading to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates and market intelligence. Research is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. We look for candidates who possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business writing and communication skills, as well as modelling, forecasting, and valuation experience.
Corporate and Investment Banking - Research
One of the world’s most highly respected advisory franchises, J.P. Morgan’s fundamental and quantitative research has earned top rankings in surveys by Institutional Investor, including the #1 ranking for the All-America Research Survey in 2022, for the seventh year in a row. We provide thoughtful and differentiated fundamental analyses on sectors and companies and actionable ideas and thematic insights that empower our clients to make well-informed investment and strategic decisions.
- Build and maintain Excel-based models to forecast company financials and project industry dynamics
- Perform detailed valuation work to support stock recommendations
- Analyze complex data sets, news releases, regulatory filings, and industry events to shape your view of the industry and companies under coverage
- Write research notes on covered companies and sector reports and prepare presentations
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external clients, industry experts, and management teams
- Fulfill client requests in a timely and thorough manner
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and seek to generate ideas for differentiated research product
Required qualifications, skills and capabilities:
- Two to Three years of experience in equity research and/or investment banking
- Strong accounting, finance, quantitative and business communication skills, as well as modelling, forecasting, and valuation experience
- Advanced level of proficiency in Excel
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate within a team environment as well as work independently
- High level of organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and a proven ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Passion for the markets and interest in the biotechnology sector
Preferred qualifications, skills and capabilities:
- FINRA licenses Series 86 and Series 87 and/or CFA
- Some coding capabilities – e.g., VBA, Python
Salary Range: $110,000 to $125,000 USD commensurate with experience