Equity Research Fellowship, Therapeutics
Boston, MA | New York, NY
Job Title: Equity Research Fellowship, Therapeutics
Reports to: Sr. Equity Research Analyst
Department: Equity Research
Location: New York or Boston
We believe that SVB Securities' Equity Research can offer a compelling career path outside of academia for professionals excited about careers at the intersection of the financial markets and clinical development of new treatments for disease.
SVB Securities' Equity Research currently has multiple opportunities for a post-graduation fellowship working directly with Sr. Analysts covering the Therapeutics sector in SVB Securities' New York or Boston office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze data related to therapeutics and various diseases, including scientific papers, clinical data, and prescription trends.
- Draft market research surveys and analyze results
- Interview company executives and medical/industry consultants to develop and maintain sources of information in preparation of analyses
- Write research reports and notes on companies for distribution to the SVB Leerink sales force and institutional clients
- Build, update and maintain financial models
- Support senior equity research professionals by attending events of special interest
- Formulate investment recommendations based on fundamental analysis, valuation and risk assessment of individual companies
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Qualified candidates are required to have recently obtained (or soon obtaining) a PhD or MD: PhD in pharmacology, molecular biology, physiology, or some directly relevant medical discipline; MD, with or without post graduate medical training.
- Ability to search, understand and interpret scientific and medical publications
- Some exposure to finance and financial statements
- Interest in the stock market and healthcare equity investment research
- Must possess the ability to synthesize data and articulate findings through excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Must have the ability to potentially convert to a full time employee after the 3-6 month fellowship is completed
Please note the first step in the process will be an at-home case study in which you will be asked to build a financial model and provide a writing sample.