Equity Research Associate - Pharmaceuticals
Cowen and Company
Cowen is seeking an Associate to work for its Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals Equity Research team in Boston.
Equity research analysts follow the progress of public pharmaceutical companies, and make stock recommendations to institutional investor clients. Job tasks include evaluating scientific data, financial modeling, interviews with physician experts and company managements, conducting surveys, hosting industry conferences, writing reports and making oral presentations.
Support senior analysts; analyze individual pharma companies and market trends; compose company-specific and thematic research reports; build and maintain financial models; interview physicians and company executives; interact with Cowen's institutional sales force and investor clients.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- Exceptional academic pedigree, including a higher degree in a life science-related field (PhD, PharmD, or MD)
- CFA track or MBA is a plus
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, desire to learn about the pharmaceutical industry
- Outstanding analytical skills. Ability to do deep primary research, analyze and draw conclusions from information
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to perform in a team environment
- Passion for investing
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com