Equity Research Associate - Biotechnology
Top investment bank is seeking an equity research associate to support senior biotechnology analyst covering mid- and small-cap companies out of our Boston office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting proprietary research evaluating biotech companies’ therapeutic pipeline by analyzing scientific literature, attending medical conferences, and consulting industry experts
- Writing research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of data, deep dive in disease/ technology, and industry/ company news
- Building and maintaining financial models
- Conceiving and executing on differentiated project ideas
- Interfacing with company management teams, internal sales and trading personnel, and institutional investors
- Advanced degree (PhD/MD/PharmD) in life sciences, with oncology/ immunology/ metabolism virology expertise as a plus
- ~1+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical investment research, consulting, or industry
- Proficiency in written/verbal communication
- Experience building financial valuation models using excel as a plus
- Motivated, hard-working, attention to detail, team player
The salary range for this role is $135,000-$165,000.
Senior Analyst Bio:
The Senior Analyst has over a decade of professional experience with a focus on biopharmaceutical, including biotechnology equity research analyst at Jefferies, strategy consultant at a leading consulting firm, investment profession at private equity and venture capital funds, and marketing/sales management at a major medical device company. At Jefferies, he covers small/mid cap biotechnology companies across a broad range of therapeutic areas and technology modalities, including targeted/precision oncology, immunology/inflammation, metabolic/obesity, and vaccine. He holds an MBA degree from Duke's Fuqua School of Business. He completed his training of clinical medicine and received a medical degree from the Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University. He is also a CFA charterholder.