Equity Research Associate - Biotechnology
Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (‘‘Jefferies,’’ ‘‘we,’’ ‘‘us’’ or ‘‘our’’) is a U.S.-headquartered global full service, integrated investment banking and securities firm. Our largest subsidiary, Jefferies LLC, a U.S. broker-dealer, was founded in the U.S. in 1962 and our first international operating subsidiary, Jefferies International Limited, a U.K. broker-dealer, was established in the U.K. in 1986. Our strategy focuses on continuing to build out our investment banking effort, enhancing our capital markets businesses and further developing our Leucadia Asset Management alternative asset management platform. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.
Summary: Top investment bank is seeking an equity research associate to support senior biotechnology analyst covering mid- and small-cap companies out of our Boston office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting proprietary research evaluating biotech companies’ therapeutic pipeline by analyzing scientific literature, attending medical conferences, and consulting industry experts
- Writing research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of data, deep dive in disease/ technology, and industry/ company news
- Building and maintaining financial models
- Conceiving and executing on differentiated project ideas
- Interfacing with company management teams, internal sales and trading personnel, and institutional investors
- Advanced degree (PhD/MD/PharmD) in life sciences, with oncology/immunology/virology experience as a plus
- ~1+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical investment research, consulting, or industry
- Proficiency in written/verbal communication
- Experience building financial valuation models using excel as a plus
- Motivated, hard-working, attention to detail, team player
Senior Analyst Bio:
The Senior Analyst has over a decade of professional experience with a focus on biopharmaceutical, including biotechnology equity research analyst at Jefferies, strategy consultant at a leading consulting firm, investment profession at private equity and venture capital funds, and marketing/sales management at a major medical device company. At Jefferies, he covers small/mid cap biotechnology companies across a broad range of therapeutic areas and technology modalities, including targeted/precision oncology, vaccine, and immunology/inflammation. He holds an MBA degree from Duke's Fuqua School of Business. He completed his training of clinical medicine and received a medical degree from the Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University. He is also a CFA charterholder.
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supports a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We practice equal opportunity for all, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations to individuals with qualified disabilities, as appropriate, under applicable law.
All employees must follow Jefferies’ COVID-19 protocol policy, which is subject to change.
The salary range for this role is $115,000-$150,000.