Equity Research Associate-Biotechnology
New York City, NY
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through experience, specialized training or certification to support Equity Analyst in preparing industry and company research by collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, writing investment-related research reports, and creating/maintaining financial models. Responsible for assembling and analyzing data on select growth companies. Help to identify and formulate new investment ideas in targeted industry groups to support the generation of new business activity. The ideal candidate is client-service oriented, detail-oriented, and can thrive in a team-driven and fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops expertise on industry and related companies in order to assess the relevance of news and other data.
• Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis of macroeconomic variables that impact assigned industry.
• Maintains databases and spreadsheets pertaining to their industry and related companies.
• Develops financial models for revenue and income forecasts, cash flow analysis, balance sheet, and quarterly projections.
• Prepares internal and external written reports and presentations to communicate research findings, news events, and investment ideas resulting from security analyses.
• Works with Senior Research Analysts in defining and documenting objectives and approaches for specific research projects and studies
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Company’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies.
• Advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of Equity Research.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Financial markets and products.
• Identifying relationships, drawing logical conclusions, interpreting results, and communicating findings both orally and in writing.
• Quantitative and analytical analysis sufficient to assist in the development of corporate financial projections and equity valuation metrics.
• Using technical/professional knowledge, interpersonal and sales skills to obtain customers’ commitment to ideas, services, or products.
• Accounting and financial statement analysis.
• Building accurate computer-generated financial models.
• Microsoft Office suite, with an intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel
• Data analytics/Coding skills strongly preferred
• Organize, manage, and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with critical deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all organizational levels.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization; including negotiating resources.
• Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
• Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in business-related or data analytics field.
• Demonstrated interest in the financial markets
• OR ~
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied, or the ability to obtain within three (3) months of hire.
• FINRA Series 86/87 licenses or the ability to obtain within one (1) year of hire.
• FINRA Series 63 may be required, depending on domicile
Salary range 110-140K