Equity Research Associate – Biotechnology
BMO Capital Markets
New York, NY
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service financial services provider. We offer corporate and investment banking, treasury management, as well as research and advisory services to clients around the world. #bmocapitalmarkets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-domiciled financial services provider offering equity and debt underwriting, corporate lending and project financing, merger and acquisitions advisory services, securitization, treasury management, market risk management, debt and equity research, and institutional sales and trading. BMO Capital Markets has approximately 2,700 professionals in 33 locations around the world. BMO in total has approximately 48,000 employees.
The Equity Research department covers over 900 stocks across diverse sectors, and provides equity strategy, quantitative analysis and portfolio management services to our clients. Within this, we are currently searching for an associate for our Internet & Media research team in our New York office.
BMO Capital Markets is seeking an Equity Research Associate to support one of our Biotechnology Analysts. Candidates should have strong familiarity with the Biotechnology industry preferably gained through experience in equity research, investment banking , consulting, or work as a scientist in the biopharma industry. An advanced scientific degree (MD or PhD) or MBA/CFA is desired, but not required.
As a Research Associate you will perform extensive fundamental research and analysis of Biotechnology companies and their various industries/market segments. You will create, maintain, and update detailed financial models, acquire in-depth industry expertise, and contribute extensively to the team’s written product. You also will support the senior analyst and the BMO franchise through consistent interactions with company management teams, as well as institutional clients and BMO equity sales people and traders.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Successful candidates require a demonstrated history of internal drive/initiative, as well as unrelenting attention to detail, a high level of curiosity, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude. Optimal candidates will also have the following:
- 1-3 years of work experience, ideally in a non-academic setting such as the biopharma industry, equity research, investment banking, or consulting
- Superior technical skills, particularly in financial modeling, financial statement analysis, data sourcing, and broad due diligence
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a coverage team
- Strong written communication skills (writing samples may be required)
- Academic excellence, emotional intelligence, and solid professional references
- SIE, Series 7, 63, 86 and 87 licenses (viewed favorably, but not as prerequisites)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.