Equity Research Associate - Biotechnology
New York, NY
Equity Research Associate – Biotechnology
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional candidate to join as a sell-side Equity Research Associate to help cover the Biotechnology sector. This person will be responsible for following the progress of public/private Biotechnology companies and will support the research team in its efforts to analyze companies and make stock recommendations to institutional investor clients. In addition to a background in the life sciences, the ideal candidate will have interest in equity research and financial modeling, specifically in the Biotechnology sectors with a focus on immunology. The position is located in New York.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support to the Senior Analyst through fundamental analysis and investment research in equity markets with an emphasis on original, bottom-up research in the Biotechnology sector
- Analyze individual Biotechnology companies to build and update fully integrated financial and valuation models
- Write comprehensive research reports and present findings; draft reports/notes on relevant investment themes, events and breaking news
- Conduct primary research through industry sources including, but not limited to, financial analysis, due diligence clinical data and industry trends, company management and strategies
- Organize physician calls for investors and investor events
- Update analyst marketing handout regularly
- Interact with Firm’s institutional sales force and investor clients
- Respond to client and internal inquiries regarding research findings and directives
- Exceptional academic pedigree, including a higher degree in a life science field (MD or PhD)
- 2 years of experience in investment research, financial modelling and analysis
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, and valuation
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, manage tight timelines and handle long and demanding days, and be a team player across groups
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to search, understand and interpret scientific and medical publications and presentations
- Prior experience at a bio-pharmaceutical company is preferred
- Experience in immunology is a plus
- Demonstrated interest or previous experience in the biotech sector
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong team orientation
About Guggenheim Securities
Guggenheim Securities is the investment banking and capital markets business of Guggenheim Partners. Guggenheim Securities offers a full range of services that fall into four broad categories: Advisory, Sales and Trading, Financing, and Research. Guggenheim Securities is headquartered in New York, with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
About Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $305 billion1 in assets under management. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,300 professionals worldwide as of December 31, 2017, based in over 25 offices in six countries and headquarters in New York and Chicago. Our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting GuggenheimPartners.com and following us on Twitter at twitter.com/guggenheimptnrs.
1(Assets under management are as of 12.31.2017 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $66bn.)
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.