Equity Research Associate- Biotechnology
New York, NY
Cantor Fitzgerald is seeking an Healthcare Equity Research Associate to work in the New York office for Alethia Young who covers Large and Small-Mid Cap Biotech.
The person will work directly with the senior biotechnology analyst and other associate team members on many aspects of the process including: performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys, interacting with our client base, vetting companies, and many other responsibilities. It’s a fast paced and high energy environment.
Key responsibilities include
- Work with senior analyst and team to conduct biotechnology company and industry research
- Transform research into investment notes and presentations
- Meet with company management teams and engage with sales and trading, institutional investors, and hedge funds
- Attend industry and conference meetings on the road
- Due diligence public and private companies
- Help initiate coverage of new companies
- Willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours, but rewarding work enviroment
- We would prefer a year of related healthcare work experience (buy-side, sell-side, and/or investment banking)
- Candidates need strong writing, modeling skills, and verbal communication.
- MBA and/or CFA is a preferred but not required
- Prior sell side experience is a big plus
- Must be willing to move to New York City