Equity Research Associate - Biotechnology
Cowen and Company
New York, NY
Cowen is looking for an Equity Research Associate to work for its Healthcare, Biotechnology team in New York
The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analyst on many aspects of the research process including: building and maintaining financial models, performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments. The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor conferences, and the research process that professional investment analysts utilize to make investments and recommendations.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- Exceptional academic pedigree, including a higher degree in a life science-related field (MD and/or PhD)
- MBA or CFA a plus
- Outstanding analytical skills. Ability to do deep primary research, analyze and draw conclusions from information
- Hard work ethic, attention to detail, analytical, curious, optimistic, tenacious with a desire to learn about the biopharmaceutical industry
- Passion for investing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well on teams, self-motivated, showing initiative, and a willingness to work hard
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Group will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com