Equity Research Associate - Biopharma
New York, NY
Guggenheim Securities is seeking an exceptional candidate to join as a sell-side Equity Research Associate to help cover the biopharma sector. This person will be responsible for following the progress of public/private biopharma companies and will support the research team in its efforts to analyze companies and make stock recommendations to institutional investor clients. In addition to an advanced degree in the life sciences, the ideal candidate will have interest in equity research and financial modeling specifically in the biopharma sector. The position will be in New York.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide support to the Senior Analyst through fundamental analysis and investment research in equity markets with an emphasis on original, bottom-up research in the biopharma sector
- Analyze individual biopharma companies to build and update fully integrated financial and valuation models
- Write comprehensive research reports and present findings; draft reports/notes on relevant investment themes, events, and breaking news
- Conduct primary research through industry sources including, but not limited to, expert interviews, financial analysis, due diligence of clinical data and industry trends, company management and strategies
- Organize physician calls for investors and investor events
- Update analyst marketing handout regularly
- Interact with Firm’s institutional sales force and investor clients
- Respond to client and internal inquiries regarding research findings and directives
- Prior experience at a biopharma company is preferred
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, manage tight timelines and handle long and demanding days, and be a team player across groups
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to search, understand and interpret scientific and medical publications and presentations
- Exceptional academic pedigree, higher degree in a life science field preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Guggenheim Partners is a diversified financial services firm that delivers value to its clients through two primary businesses: Guggenheim Investments, a premier global asset manager and investment advisor, and Guggenheim Securities, a leading investment banking and capital markets business. Guggenheim’s professionals are based in offices around the world, and our commitment is to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity while advancing the strategic interests of our clients.
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Learn more at GuggenheimPartners.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuggenheimPtnrs.