Equity Research Associate
New York, NY
Jefferies Group LLC, the largest independent, global, full-service investment banking and capital markets firm headquartered in the U.S. focused on serving clients for 60 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
Summary: Top investment bank is seeking an equity research associate to support senior biotechnology analyst covering mid- and small-cap companies out of our Boston office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting proprietary research evaluating drug pipelines by analyzing preclinical and clinical data, attending medical conferences, and speaking with key opinion leaders
- Writing research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of data, and industry/company news
- Creating clinical trial statistical models/analyses
- Delving into intellectual properties, the patent law and litigations related to biotech and pharmaceuticals
- Conceiving and executing on differentiated project ideas.
- Interfacing with company management teams, internal sales and trading personnel, and institutional investors
- Building and maintaining financial models
- Ideal candidate qualities include competitiveness, drive, strong work ethic, creativity, desire to be great, enthusiasm in learning, and team player
- Sharp analytical skills in dissecting preclinical and clinical data are desirable
- Deep understanding of, or experience with drug development and the FDA-approval process for pharmacologic treatments is desirable
- 1+ years’ experience in biopharmaceuticals equity research, buy-side, healthcare consulting, or biopharmaceutical industry is desirable
- High proficiency in written/verbal communication is desirable
- Experience of clinical trial statistics is a plus
- Experience of building financial models using excel is not required but expect to learn on the job
- BA required, major in science, medicine, math/statistics preferred
- Advanced degree in biomedical sciences (PhD/MD/PharmD) preferred
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supports a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We practice equal opportunity for all, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations to individuals with qualified disabilities, as appropriate, under applicable law.
It is Jefferies’ policy that all employees be fully vaccinated with a booster against COVID-19 in order to enter any Jefferies office or participate in any Jefferies or client event in person. Should an offer of employment be made, your acceptance of that offer means that you will comply with this policy. You will be advised of your anticipated schedule to be in the office should we move forward with the offer. Please note that all visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter a Jefferies office.