Equity Research Associate
Remote/Flexible | New York, NY
Your field of responsibilityJoin Credit Suisse as a member of the US Equity Research team based in the Americas. In this role, you will become immersed in the SMID Biotech industry, work amongst top-ranked research analysts (as measured by Institutional Investor), and you will have exposure to management teams from Fortune 500 companies.
- Analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the senior analyst.
- Review business/trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources to capture, synthesize, and interpret data on companies followed by the senior analyst.
- Create, monitor and maintain financial models and industry databases ensuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports.
- Provide analytical support by discovering/interrogating the key assumptions that drive these models.
- Assist in writing research notes and reports based on senior analyst's investment theses.
- Prepare and format reports; organize data.
- Attend industry conferences.
Your future colleagues
When you join the US Equity Research team, you will be working within the newly created Sustainability, Research, and Investment Solutions division, which provides support to a diverse client base (internal sales/trading teams, institutional clients, as well as Credit Suisse’s esteemed private bank and international wealth management division). This team is dedicated, results oriented, hardworking, proactive, coordinated, and forward-looking. Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value varied perspectives.
Your skills and experienceWe are looking for applicants with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with strong academic background required (preferably finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering or a quantitative background).
- Experience in oncology, gene therapy and gene editing space preferred, not required.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and a scientific and analytical background.
- Must be able to professionally conduct deep scientific literature research.
- Must be capable of analyzing large clinical data sets.
- Ability to communicate optimally at all levels.
- Proven understanding of business modeling and accounting principles.
- Proven ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Excellent PC skills; advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint a must.
- Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 required - successful completion will be required shortly after employment begins
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.