Equity Research Analyst - Biotechnology
New York, NY
As an Equity Research Analyst for Biotech at Barclays, you will be providing the financial strategic advice necessary for successful asset management. The Equity Research group is dedicated to providing insightful analysis of global stock markets and companies. You will have the opportunity to analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the small-cap to mid-cap Biotech Senior analyst.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- You will build and maintain financial models and industry databases for evaluating companies and market segments
- Reviewing business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources in order to gather, and interpret data on selected companies
- Preparing research reports varying in size and scope from quick briefs on earnings results or strategic events to more in-depth, original thought pieces on a range of topics
- You will be responsible for communicating recommendations to sales, trading, management teams, institutional investor clients and other important stakeholders
- Developing marketing materials for clients and attend medical expert panel discussions and industry conferences where appropriate
- You will have the opportunity to research, analyze and forecast the impact of drug trends as well as varying corporate strategies
What we’re looking for:
- Sell-side Biotech Research experience or related Biotech background in strategy, business development, etc
- Knowledge of covered companies in the biotech industry
- Experience with financial modeling, financial statement analysis and working with large data sets
- Strong academic background with either PhD, Chartered Financial Analyst or have a Masters’ in Business Administration
- Recent PhD graduate with demonstrated interest in finance will be strongly considered
- A strong sense of intellectual curiosity, unwavering attention to detail and adaptability to work in a dynamic work environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
- FINRA licensing: SIE, S63, S86, S87
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong PC literacy or demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
This role is regulated by FINRA