Director, R&D And Mrna Scientific Strategy
New York, NY
Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
You will be a member of a talented team of R&D business and operations professionals. This team is responsible for leading high priority projects within Pfizer’s Worldwide Research, Development and Medical (WRDM) organization and developing Pfizer’s strategy to lead in mRNA-based vaccines and therapeutics. As part of this team, you will work directly with senior leaders, including the President of WRDM, to develop a roadmap for the organization and drive change. You will leverage your strong experience in R&D strategy to drive complex cross-functional projects.
Drive select projects within WRDM to deliver business critical insights to Pfizer leaders, such as the Executive Leadership Team, in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. These projects may include:
- Leading select operational initiatives across Pfizer therapeutic areas, including delivering key aspects of the Corporate Strategic Plan and representing WRDM on corporate project teams.
- Developing the strategic vision for mRNA technology at Pfizer and working cross-functionally with key stakeholders, such as Business Development, to enable decision-making on critical topics and ensure successful execution of the strategy. Identifying and prioritizing opportunities to deliver innovative medicines across Pfizer’s portfolio and advancing these priorities in collaboration with Pfizer’s Chief Scientific Officers and other WRDM leaders.
- Maximizing the effectiveness of the President of WRDM on key internal and external deliverables.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues, and create business impact.
- Masters or other advanced degree
- Minimum 3 years strategic planning experience in a top-tier management consulting firm or in-house strategy team in a biopharmaceutical company.
- Strong knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience synthesizing and communicating complex information and delivering impactful recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Experience leading complex strategic projects to drive organizational change while balancing potential impacts on the R&D pipeline, financials, and strategic position.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- PhD or MD in a scientific or medical related field
- Familiarity with applications of mRNA and lipid nanoparticles for vaccines and therapeutics.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Locations: Cambridge, MA or New York, NY
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment: Flexible