Director Of Program Management
San Diego, CA
The Director, Program Management will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for developing, organizing, managing and driving development and portfolio strategies, plans and deliverables for drug candidate(s) by collaborating with cross-functional team members to develop and execute integrated product development plans. You will be expected to develop an understanding of existing and upcoming projects and will be responsible for identifying dependencies between projects and individuals involved to ensure alignment on expectations, deadlines, resourcing and budgeting, as well as facilitating clear communication among the relevant stakeholders. A successful candidate will be able to effectively balance a high-level strategic view with meticulous attention to detail of individual projects.
- Oversee the development and management of project plans and integrated timelines for projects, including strategic initiatives, corporate goals, sponsored research collaborations, method/technology development and other internal and external research efforts as needed.
- Effectively manage team meetings by ensuring that objectives are clearly defined, capturing and disseminating meeting outcomes, information and action items and following up on critical actions with teams.
- Oversee ongoing development and maintenance of integrated cross-functional program plans to enable accurate financial and portfolio analysis and planning.
- Foster leadership, strategic thinking and business acumen while setting high standards that drive collaboration, accountability and goal achievement.
- Identify and champion best practices in program management, including the use of dashboards, templates, tools and processes, to drive efficiency.
- Develop standard operating procedures and supporting documentation.
- Integrate program management process improvements across the Tr1X organization (including by providing training programs on new processes); monitor and measure the benefits of post process implementation to ensure quality, efficiency and improvement.
- Report and present program information to the management team, functional heads and other key stakeholders.
- Contribute to long-range planning and budgetary planning at the program level.
- Facilitate decision-making, collaboration and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish shared program goals.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple complex programs and responsibilities concurrently; proactively anticipate, identify, track, communicate and propose resolution options for discrepancies in priorities and plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements
- Advanced degree (MD, MBA, PhD) strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management experience in a biotech/pharma and/or academic research environment with a strong knowledge of cross-functional drug development, including global regulatory authority guidelines; cellular therapy experience preferred.
- Consulting experience preferred
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional aspects of drug development (e.g., preclinical, CMC, regulatory, clinical, quality, commercial, etc.) to achieve developmental milestones.
- Established ability to create a comprehensive program plan and prioritize the execution of complex tasks within a team environment.
- Ability to assist teams with meeting or exceeding program deadlines consistently.
- Experience in leading and managing team meetings; proven ability to create opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Demonstrated team management and team-building skills; enthusiasm for creating a thriving environment based on teamwork, collaboration and cooperation.
- Effective communicator who can develop strong internal and external relationships to facilitate program operations outside the context of formal meetings.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proactive problem solver with detailed organizational skills.
- Proficiency with both the Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and project management software tools, methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to create and present compelling presentations for internal and external use.
- Must be willing to work onsite at least three days per week.
- Up to 20% travel time may be required.
The Team – Yes You Belong!
We are building a diverse, bold, agile, and collaborative organization where each team member works closely and communicates respectfully with each other. Tr1X leadership has high expectations for themselves and for you (and so should you!) – we expect the company and all its employees to be deeply focused on bringing Tr1X’s cellular therapies to patients at an accelerated pace.
What We Offer
At Tr1X, we strive to provide a market-competitive total rewards package, including base pay, an annual performance bonus, company equity and a generous benefits package (described in further detail below). The anticipated salary range for candidates for this role who will work onsite in San Diego, California is between $200,000 and $300,000.
The final salary offered to a successful candidate will depend on several factors that include, but are not limited to, the type and length of experience within the job, the type and length of experience within the industry, educational background, location of residence and performance during the interview process.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Tr1X offers comprehensive benefits to our employees and their families including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company-sponsored life & AD&D insurance
- Company sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Optional additional life insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(k) with employer match