Director Of Portfolio Strategy
Remote/Flexible | Waltham, MA
Director: Portfolio Strategy
Paragon Therapeutics is a biotechnology company leveraging cutting-edge science and technology to identify and develop best-in-class biologics for a range of human diseases with high unmet needs. Paragon identifies opportunities to deliver great drugs, and also great companies. Once a program or set of programs discovered at Paragon achieves significant progress, we enable their rapid advancement to the clinic through spinout companies.
As the Director of Portfolio Strategy, you will play a pivotal role in shaping Paragon’s pipeline and company creation strategy. This position requires a deep understanding of drug development and market dynamics to maximize Paragon’s capabilities to make best-in-class biologics.
- Lead Paragon’s process for identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing new targets for drug discovery and company creation at Paragon.
- Lead due diligence activities to identify and evaluate potential targets and therapeutic areas for drug discovery and company creation. Including analysis of target validation, unmet medical need, competitive positioning, and market analysis.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to incorporate R&D, operational, and strategic insights into evaluation and prioritization of potential and current programs.
- Synthesize complex information and drive decision-making on new program nomination, pipeline prioritization, and new company formation.
- Disseminate competitive intelligence and actionable insights on emerging data and trends relevant to portfolio across the organization.
- BS/BA degree in biological sciences or related discipline; PhD or MD preferred
- 4+ years experience in biotech/pharma industry and/or biotech-focused buy/sell-side experience preferred
- Strong familiarity with the drug development process; experience with biologics and/or inflammatory and immunological therapeutic area is a plus
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Highly collaborative and able to work with teams across the organization
- Able to manage multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and remote biotech start-up environment
- Independent self-starter with passion for collaborative learning and the drug discovery process.
- Ability to travel as needed for scientific conferences and team meetings.