Director Of Clinical Programs, Health Systems
San Francisco, CA
The position of Director of Clinical Programs Manager Health Systems (DCP-HS) at QURE Healthcare is one of the most vital and is core to QURE’s mission to raise the quality of healthcare, standardize practice and lower costs by changing clinician behavior using Clinical Performance and Value (CPV®) vignettes. The (DCP-HS) will be responsible for managing key QURE clinical projects from project inception through final delivery and ensuring QURE projects are delivered with a high standard of quality, customer engagement and scientific rigor.
Specifically, the DCP will work with QURE’s President, Vice President on projects primarily but not exclusively across two of its business lines—health system, providers and payers, and global health
- Externally, the DCP-HS works directly with clinical and administrative leadership at our client sites, managing all aspects of a project and communicates all aspects of the project from launch to results presentation.
- Internally, the DCP-HS plays the critical role of bridging QURE’s expertise across its clinical and analytical teams to translate CPV® data into actionable recommendations for practicing physicians. The DCP-HS will lead development of clinical cases working with QURE’s Chief Medical Officer and QUREs’ Director of Analytics on data evaluation, the associated presentations and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- The DCP-HS, in perhaps their most important role will have responsibilities for growing business opportunities among new and existing clients and otherwise support the Head of Business Development at QURE.
This position requires a person with intellectual breadth and a keen interest in growing a successful private sector business. The skill required cross a spectrum: clinical acumen with a passion for clinical care and the patient enabling discussions on a wide range of medical topics with clinicians; medical data and informatics experts; a proven ability to deliver projects on-time and under-budget, a strong presence when representing QURE with clients and
constant surveillance of QURE’s business procedures to identify opportunities for process improvement, innovation of new approaches to project delivery and profitability.
QURE Healthcare is a results-driven health care company, launched in 2012 and committed to the mission of raising the quality of healthcare, standardizing practice and lowering costs. All QURE projects leverage our proprietary Clinical Performance and Value (CPV®) patient simulations to measure the quality and efficiency of physician decision making. Our core services include multi-year measurement and change management services for hospitals, health systems and payers, as well as the design and delivery of clinical utility randomized controlled trials to support coverage and reimbursement efforts of life science companies.
QURE is a fast growing company with a wide array of clients, including health systems, life sciences companies, health insurers, and a variety of international organizations and governments in developing countries. QURE has been growing at an average of 40% per year and last year’s margin was 67%. More information is available at www.qurehealthcare.com.
Qualifications of the CPM:
- Clinical or scientific doctoral training (e.g., MD, PharmD, PhD, DNP)
- Residency training strongly preferred (primary care or specialty)
- 7+ years of experience in business
- 5+ years of industry experience (health care consulting, health system leadership or clinical practice) and/or project management experience.
- Proven ability to build and train a team of healthcare project managers
- Demonstrated clinical care expertise
- Interest in health care quality improvement
- Demonstrated leadership skills and project management expertise.
- Exceptional client interaction skills. Comfortable working directly with sophisticated colleagues and clients, including clinical providers and C-suite executives.
- Exceptional writing skills, including peer-reviewed publications, and experience developing and writing project proposals and client facing communications. Interest in disseminating research findings.
- Strong knowledge of the changing healthcare landscape, clinical care delivery and experience improving care processes.
- Strong analytic abilities. Ability to extract key findings from data and communicate a clear data story to providers and administrators via written communication, PowerPoint slides and scientific manuscripts.
- Extremely detail-oriented, efficient with deadline and supporting other team members in meeting deadlines while delivering high quality work.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and willingness to learn and use STATA data analytics package.
- Foreign language abilities desirable.
- Willingness for some domestic and international travel (< 10% of time)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Business Development/Client Management
- Generates new sales leads and manage existing C-suite level relationships with all business lines: hospital, payer, life sciences and global health.
- Secure new business and new clients to generate QURE revenue and meet QURE’s business targets.
- Lead project implementation for key QURE health system, provider and payer projects while working collaboratively with QURE project team members and client contacts
- Engage clients, project sponsors, physicians, and other client healthcare staff in project implementation.
- In parallel with QURE’s growth trajectory, work closely with QURE President and Vice-President to recruit and train other clinical project managers (est. 2-3)
- Other project management related tasks as indicated or requested or needed at QURE.
A strong sense of collaborative teamwork, initiative, can-do attitude and curiosity are expected to succeed in this position. As a start-up, the ability to work closely and supportively with other QURE staff while assuming a high degree of responsibility and initiative are essential.
As a fast growing and maturing company, QURE expects that the DCP-HS will join and work at QURE over the next 5-6 years, helping QURE to accelerate its growth and participate in QURE’s planned financial horizon.
Local Bay area applicants are preferred.