Director Of Business Development
Remote/Flexible | New York City, NY | San Francisco, CA
Posted June 23
Cornerstone is an early-stage software company focused on unlocking the power of clinical data. Our AI-powered platform cleans and standardizes high volumes of messy data and serves as the connection point between data generators and data consumers.
As a fast growing company we are looking for a Director of Business Development to help support our commercial momentum and drive our go-to-market strategy. This includes identifying and closing on new customer opportunities as well as strategically working across functions to ensure our software delivers the highest value for our customers.
Cornerstone believes in people first. We lead quarterly offsites and work hard to create a culture our employees are proud of. We are also committed to maintaining an inclusive workplace that considers all applicants regardless of gender, background, disability, or status and provides the flexibility to accommodate needs of each team member.
If this sounds like a mission, culture, and role that aligns with your search please get in touch!
- Remote + coworking offices in New York and Bay Area
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours [we have team members in all time zones]
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
How your interests and skill set will show up at Cornerstone:
- Identify, negotiate, and close new strategic business opportunities (customers + channel partners), drive success and renewals in all ongoing partnerships
- Research emerging trends, acquisitions, and fundraising announcements to understand implications for Cornerstone’s go-to-market, product strategy, and competitive positioning / differentiation
- Partner with advisors and industry experts to define and iterate Cornerstone’s pricing strategy
- Build a go-to-customer strategy including a technical deployment and integration handbook for prospective customers
- Manage the contracting process with Cornerstone legal and the technical teams
- Collaborate with product development to: align customer introductions and relationships with product goals and trajectory as well as leverage customer relationships for product improvements and roadmap
- Collaborate with financial ops to: Assess business growth opportunities and financial implications of each contract by analyzing time-adjusted revenue and margin implications of each contract, produce financial forecasts for (i) internal decision making, (ii) BOD reporting, and (iii) fundraising, oversee customer payments with financial operations team
- 5-6+ years of experience in a commercial function; preference for selling into large pharma, biotech, medtech, or healthcare IT players
- Experience in data science or technical knowledge a bonus
- Passion for the intersection of innovation and healthcare and a deep intellectual curiosity around how data can advance human health
- Actively driven tangible outcomes by communicating, presenting and negotiating ideas; evidence of ability to work in a diverse team and influence strategic change across business functions
- Comfort with quantitative analysis and an understanding of how various business models impact the financial operations and health of a company
- Exceptional organization and can deliver on multiple fast-paced workstreams
- Critical thinking mind with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent work ethic