Director, Business Development
Boston, MA | Boston, MA
Fusion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: FUSN) is a clinical-stage oncology company focused on developing next-generation radiopharmaceuticals as precision medicines to treat a broad range of cancers. Employing its platform technology, including proprietary Fast-Clear™ linker, Fusion connects alpha particle emitting isotopes to antibodies and other targeting molecules, to selectively deliver the payload to tumors. Fusion's lead program, FPI-1434, is currently in a Phase 1 clinical trial. The Company has a growing a pipeline of precision oncology therapies in development, and has an established broad collaboration with AstraZeneca.
We are seeking a Director, Business Development to be a key driver of partnering activities and corporate strategy. The person filling this role will report into the SVP of Business Development and will have the opportunity to lead numerous complex projects forward simultaneously. In this high visibility role, the Business Development Director will gain first-hand strategic and operating experience while helping to build a premier radiopharmaceutical biotechnology company.
The successful candidate will be highly collaborative, able to understand the scientific subject matter, and work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders (most notably research, clinical development, CMC, New Product Planning/Commercial, Program Management, Legal, Regulatory, and Finance). The individual in this role will need to exhibit excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to navigate the organizational cultures and teams at Fusion and both national and international partners. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment will be critical to success.
- Drive and close corporate partnering efforts (e.g., negotiation, coordination of due diligence activities, financial analysis, analysis of transaction comparables, term sheet drafting, contracting etc.)
- Work with R&D, CMC and clinical team to craft and deliver external partnering presentations
- Contribute to the refinement, articulation, and execution of Fusion’s business strategy
- Direct integrated market analysis to identify current and future trends within key disease settings and across segments of the oncology landscape
- Translate key Insights from scientific experts (internal R&D colleagues + external opinion leaders) into clear, actionable strategies for the company
- Develop & update sales forecasts, build deal models, conduct market analysis and actively contribute to the Portfolio Review governance
- Oversee Alliance Management of current partnerships, including AstraZeneca and Merck
- Coordinate the management of new partnerships post deal signing to ensure value maximization of the relationship
- Manage external consulting partners (e.g., strategy consultants, market research) to update commercial assessment tools as needed and proactively seek out ways to improve assessments
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of the scientific landscape and competitive intelligence to ensure visibility to emerging opportunities and changes in the environment
- Build a strong external network in oncology including with biopharma, academic and venture capitalists to partner in the most innovative areas of science
- Creating a positive culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance
- B.S./M.S. degree in a life sciences discipline; An advanced scientific degree (MD or PhD) is preferred
- 10 + years of experience in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry
- 5-7+ years of experience in business development with oncology experience
- Strong scientific knowledge and clinical acumen; able to engage, understand and translate science into commercial insights and strategic recommendations
- Significant experience within oncology (especially solid tumors) strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of development process; solid understanding of regulatory pathways, global pricing and access environments, and other factors that may impact a product’s approval and uptake
- Strategic thinking ability to participate in the development of the asset strategy and deliverables
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with proven ability to influence across management levels, functions, and organizations
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong grasp of analytic tools, and strategic thinker with good quantitative analytical abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and strong relationship management skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.