Creative Content Developer - Medical/Science Content
Remote/Flexible | Los Angeles, CA
Sketchy is a visual learning platform for students & professionals to effortlessly learn and recall information through art, storytelling and spaced repetition. The company was born when four medical students began creating sketched stories to distinguish and memorize similarly named viruses, and they realized that the same learning methodologies could be used across a variety of subjects.
Since its inception in 2013, Sketchy has become the premiere learning destination for medical students around the world. It’s used by 1 in 2 medical students in the United States, has an alumni base of over 300,000 students and helps students answer questions 77% faster than conventional teaching.
Sketchy is a TCG (The Chernin Group) portfolio company (joining other companies such as Headspace, Food52, Barstool Sports and Crunchyroll) and a Reach Capital portfolio company (joining other start-up companies that bring a playfulness to learning).
About the Role
The Creative Story Developer is a motivated creative leader who will spearhead the development of new highly engaging visual learning content for clinical studies. This role provides a unique opportunity to join a team of passionate and dedicated content creators and make a positive impact on the education of future healthcare providers.
Working at Sketchy:
We are headquartered in Los Angeles but have teammates that collaborate remotely from cities across the United States. As travel and working conditions return back to “normal”, we will find opportunities to increasingly meet and collaborate in person. While you will always have a seat to work from at our Los Angeles HQ, our transition to a remote-first company will allow you to work from the location of your choice in select states across the country.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: Texas, California, New York, Hawaii, Illinois, Colorado, Massachusetts, Washington, and Washington, D.C.
Script and Visual Development
Lead writing room in guiding Content Producers in the development of story narrative and visual symbols to represent scientific information with the voice and personality that is the Sketchy brand.
Ensure the development of cohesive stories with storylines that align with the defined broader themes for course content.
Follow best practices and guidelines to create memorable symbols, emphasizing the most important concepts for students.
Provide guidance for both the Art Director and associated artists in the development of layered art files that execute on the narrative scripts.
Work with the Post-Production team, both in-house and external, in the assembly, finishing and packaging of all video and interactive content.
Responsible for timely delivery of high quality story and symbol concepts as well as all finished and packaged learning content within their designated curriculum pod.
As time permits, assist content team with production needs including compiling educational scripts, reviewing subject matter expert scripts, and contributing to curriculum planning
- 2+ years experience in a creative development role including writing, editing and/or producing content relevant to your role
- Strong administrative skills and able to effectively manage people through influence.
- Able to multitask and manage a complex development schedule.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Ability to collaborate with team members while coordinating with remote employees.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about learning and making a positive impact on the world
- BA/BS or similar degree in a science field, MD/DO and/or PhD preferred but not required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture
- Generous PTO package with floating holiday
- Fun team events (Monthly and virtual for now)
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
Sketchy Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.