Corporate Vp Of Clinical Affairs / Associate Medical Director
Multiple | Remote/Flexible
Medcor is conducting a national search to find a talented physician who is Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Occupational Medicine and has a strong leadership background to join our team for a Full-Time Opportunity as our Corporate Vice President of Clinical Affairs/Associate Medical Director (VP Clinical Affairs/AMD).
This is a remote/work from home position.
The pay range for this position is based on experience and will be disussed during the interview process. Medcor offers a full benefits package.
The Corporate Vice President of Clinical Affairs/Associate Medical Director is a full-time physician member of the Clinical Affairs Department, reporting to the Chief Medical Officer. The position has broad leadership, oversight, and development responsibilities over 250+ onsite clinics nationwide and a nationwide occupational medicine telehealth service.
The Quadruple Aim (optimal clinical outcomes, reduced healthcare cost, enhanced patient experience, and improved work-life of health care provider) has been adopted as a guide for Medcor clinical services delivery. In support of the Quadruple Aim goals, the Corporate Vice President of Clinical Affairs/ Associate Medical Director’s responsibilities include evidence-based standards development and maintenance, associate training and communication, outcomes measurement, clinical process improvement, and support of clinical software development.
The typical schedule is Monday through Friday, working remotely in a home office; however, some travel and flexibility will be required.
Medcor and Onsite Physician Services of Illinois have values and expectations centered around the Quadruple Aim, Just Culture, and Service Excellence. The Vice President of Clinical Affairs/ Associate Medical Director’s actions should reflect these core values of Medcor. The Vice President of Clinical Affairs/ Associate Medical Director is expected to:
- Communicate openly and honestly with Medcor leadership, Medcor staff, clients, physicians, PAs, NPs, and patients
- Demonstrate a drive to accomplish tasks with “urgency”
- Provide support and oversight in an honest and ethical manner
- Follow evidenced-based medicine standards
- Act in a consistently fair manner
- Comport him or herself in a manner that represents their profession and Medcor in the most positive light
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shared Corporate Clinical Oversight over Medcor's Advanced Care Clinics and Onsite Clinics (Worksite Health and Construction Clinics) to include:
- Scope of care:
- consult on and review proposed contracted medical services
- Develop provider and oversight physician requirements, conduct interviews, and make decisions to hire
- Training and education:
- Development of evidence-based standards to be used in Medcor’s clinics
- Development of training to support clinicians, providers, and staff
- Participate and develop Medcor's monthly Clinician Journal Club
- Develop Clinic start-up materials, clinical updates, and conduct individual remedial training
- Site visits (occasional) to support:
- Sales presentations
- Clinic / Client needs
- Scope of care:
- Shared Corporate Clinical Oversight over Medcor’s Telehealth Services
- Development and Maintenance
- Telehealth algorithm development and maintenance
- Primary Care Clinics care "templates" / order sets
- Occupational Medicine Clinic protocol development and maintenance
- Overall direction of Clinical Quality
- Support the Quality Process:
- Data definition, study parameters, extraction/reports from EMR, individual follow-up and training, re-measurement
- Address clinical concerns and complaints
- Design and execute clinical quality studies
- Report to the Clinical Quality Committee
- Support the Quality Process:
- Clinical Support of Medcor’s other divisions and initiatives, as requested.
- Special projects, including but not limited to:
- Vaccination program oversight
- Population Health
- Protocols and guidelines for specials projects at individual clinics
- Physician consultative services for clients
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer; flexibility is key
- Key Relationships
- Reports to the Chief Medical Officer
- Other key relationships
- Vice President of Operations
- Clinical Affairs Medical Directors
- Clinical Quality Manager
- Operations Directors / Managers
- Clinical Affairs Quality Nurses
- Chief Product Officer and Directors of Sales of Marketing
- Customer Success Officer
Current Board Certification in Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Occupational Medicine
- A current and unrestricted state medical license
- A current and unrestricted DEA registration and, as applicable, state-controlled substances registration
- A minimum of three years of post-graduate experience providing independent direct patient care
- Clinic, hospital, or departmental leadership experience.
- Experience in developing and delivering medical education
- Clinical quality experience
- Proficiency with e-mail, internet browsers, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. User experience with an electronic health record(s)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Possesses a strong work ethic, self-motivation, and good time management skills
- Solid analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive outlook, a collaborative team player, and a commitment to excellence
- Excellent presentation skills
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Program Director, Department Chair, Clinical Leadership over multi-site clinics or similar administrative experience
- Practice experience in Occupational Medicine (if not board-certified in Occupational Medicine)
Work Environment &Travel Requirement
- Remote/Home Office-based
- Travel is required no more than 20% of the total working hours.
At Medcor, the Quadruple Aim drives clinical care, optimal clinical outcomes, reduced healthcare cost, enhanced patient experience, and improved work-life of health care provider. We strive to provide the right clinical services to the right patients at the right time and place in a caring and professional manner. Medcor follows the “Just Culture” philosophy for addressing quality issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Medcor is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace!