Clinical Data Analyst
Remote/Flexible | San Francisco Bay Area, CA
The Clinical Data Analyst will be Foresite Capital’s Clinical and Research Analysis team. This role will interact regularly with diverse stakeholders across our investment and clinical analysis team to identify, assess, and help manage a broad array of life science investment opportunities, with a focus on preclinical and clinical-stage therapeutics.
- Apply scientific acumen and experience to the diligence and monitoring of current and future investments.
- Perform scientific literature summaries and deep-dive analysis for disease biology or signaling pathways.
- Maintain an internal database relevant to new and existing drugs in development.
- Perform competitive landscape and treatment paradigm analysis to support due diligence.
- Tracking of major milestones for a subset of current and future portfolio companies, flagging major events to enable proactive investment discussion and decision making.
- Record detailed notes and produce executive summaries for meetings that Foresite holds with portfolio companies, potential investment companies and key opinion leaders, as well as for public presentations made by companies for earnings calls and data disclosures. These summaries provide background to inform broader Foresite investment team decisions and serve as ‘institutional memory’ for future reference.
- Attend healthcare, scientific, and investor conferences to gather information on portfolio company data releases, competition, and general healthcare and therapeutic area knowledge. To this end, you will take notes on and capture presentations/posters for internal distribution. You will also attend company-sponsored events as appropriate to understand the broader context behind our current or future investments.
- You will be expected to be self-motivated and comfortable working independently. You will also be expected to write and express yourself clearly and concisely.
- PhD degree in life sciences from a top-tier academic institution
- At least one year of experience in an investment banking, sell-side, buy-side, or consulting role, with a focus in healthcare
- Understanding of human biology and physiology
- Ability to assess the quality and reliability of published data, with a hunger for experimental details
- Familiarity with all stages of the drug development process, including discovery research, lead selection and optimization, preclinical testing, IND-enabling studies, clinical trial design and clinical trial execution
- Knowledge of target-based drug discovery, target selection and target validation
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with other members of the investment team and thrive in a fast-paced and highly self-motivated professional culture
ABOUT FORESITE CAPITAL:
Foresite Capital is a multi-stage healthcare and life sciences investment firm with $4B+ in assets under management. The firm aims to address areas of great unmet need by funding promising healthcare and life sciences businesses at all stages of their life cycles. Foresite Capital uses a data science-driven approach to invest in companies that leverage biology and big data to transform healthcare, including 10x Genomics, Relay Therapeutics, Element Biosciences, Inscripta, as well as companies developing next generation therapeutics.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and optional cover letter via the link below. Cover letters should briefly describe any particular healthcare expertise you possess with disease areas, therapeutic development, or signaling pathways.