Cardiovascular/Metabolic Research Analyst
BioPharma Resource Groups
Multiple | Remote/Flexible
BioPharma Resource Groups, LLC employs senior consultants and analysts dedicated to delivering elite competitive intelligence resources to cardio-metabolic & and oncology drug companies. In April-May 2020 we are recruiting for a Research Analyst for Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases. Candidates will have a PhD in biomedical or related sciences.
BioPharma Resource Groups, LLC is an environment where team members love to learn, flourish going deep into research, and are invigorated by presenting their thoughts to others in a meaningful manner. If you thrive being on the cutting edge of knowledge, have a strong personal sense of integrity, value independence, and enjoy serving as a subject matter expert, BioPharma Resource Groups, LLC may be a great fit for you.
The position involves working from home with flexible hours, but will also involve attending medical conferences and participating in virtual meeting calls during typical business hours. Research Analysts collaborate with other analysts and senior consultants within the company, as well as with the sales and marketing team.
The Research Analyst will work closely with our disease area experts to:
- Gather information from scientific literature, company financial documents, internet searches, conference proceedings, proprietary databases, and more
- Gather, organize, and analyze information about pipeline products in clinical development and on-market products
- Attend key medical conferences and write reports summarizing and analyzing the clinical results presented
- Write and edit market research reports
Ideally, candidates would have:
- A PhD or Post-Doc in a biomedical discipline or related science and/or have 2-3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or pharmaceutical consulting role
- Strong scientific acumen and the ability to apply that acumen to the real world, communicating clearly how scientific understanding fits into the big picture
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write about scientific information in a manner that is accessible to both scientists and non-scientists, concisely conveying complicated information
- The ability to draft effective presentations, using appropriate figures, tables, and exhibits
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills and an ability to work with basic spreadsheets in Excel
- Strong attention to detail, coupled with the ability to see/understand the big picture
- An aptitude for working well on teams, communicating with others when help is needed, helping to set and meet realistic deadlines
- Character traits of being professional, personable, and friendly: someone to whom we could introduce our clients
- A high level of integrity: trustworthy, honorable, dependable, honest, and kind
- Experience or knowledge of cardiovascular medicine and/or metabolism (optional)
- Familiarity with FileMaker, Adobe Acrobat (optional)
If interested, please send your business resume with a cover letter explaining your interest in this position to Jennifer Lilla.