Business Development Lead
SymBiosis Capital Management
We are a biotechnology-focused venture capital firm seeking a Business Development Lead to build industry and academic relationships that contribute to developing lifesaving medicines.
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant business development units of large biopharma companies
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, national, and international academic centers of excellence in biopharma research
- Work with portfolio companies as a board member, board observer, consultant, or fractional executive
- Lead due diligence on potential investments
You are passionate about building new organizations and partnerships, learning about cutting-edge biotechnology, and doing meaningful work as part of a great team.
- An MD, PharmD, or PhD in a relevant discipline such as biology, chemistry, or bioinformatics
- Robust business development experience and network in the biopharma sector
We are long-term investors in engineering biology to treat—or better, cure—human disease.
We invest in groundbreaking medicines across disease area, financing stage, and geography, with a focus on programs in, or about to enter, human trials.
We are curious, rigorous, collaborative, and passionate about our work; we are also long-term investors in our team.
- Be an early core team member in a well-capitalized, long-term investor in lifesaving medicines
- Work in an engaging environment, with a great team committed to building a great organization
- Build a program for partnering with industry and academic institutions that is considered best-in-class in the venture capital industry
- Live in Northwest Arkansas, nestled in the beautiful Ozark Mountains, and enjoy urban greenspace, world-class mountain biking, destination-worthy art experiences, and a flourishing culinary scene; this is a national search and relocation benefits will be provided
SymBiosis is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability status, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.