Bs/Md Physician Advisor
Multiple | Remote/Flexible
About the Role
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping students applying to pre-med or BS/MD programs. We work with high school students looking to apply to direct medical programs (BS/MD). We are looking for highly motivated and talented physician advisors that have gone through a BS/MD program themselves to work with our students!
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- evaluate high school students looking to apply to BS/MD programs in regards to their competitiveness. This includes evaluation of their GPA, SAT/ACT scores, completed courses, and extracurricular activities
- edit the applicant's BS/MD personal statement and BS/MD supplemental essay questions
- collaborate with applicant to make a customized BS/MD school list
- work with applicant throughout application process to answer questions and guide applicant through admissions decisions
- work with the undergraduate advisor to provide support
Looking For People Who Have
- MD physician, preferably at an attending level but residents will be considered
- applicant must have attended a U.S. Direct Medical Program (BS/MD or BA/MD)
- experience working with applicants applying to medical schools
- ability to work with various online communication platforms including Zoom and FaceTime
- expertise in BS/MD admissions
- experience and expertise in editing college and/or BS/MD applications
MedSchoolCoach is a rapidly growing EdTech company that serves the needs of future physicians by providing the highest quality content, tutoring, and advising services. Physician-led and founded, MedSchoolCoach is driven by its mission to help shape the future of medicine. Over time, the organization has become one of the largest players in the medical space, reaching nearly 50% of prospective medical students every year through one of our products or services.
As an organization, MedSchoolCoach stays true to its humble roots while continuing to scale adding more products and services on a continuing basis. MedSchoolCoach was recently named to Inc Magazine’s Inc 5000 list with an overall ranking of 953 and was designated as the 17th fastest growing education company in the United States. We are grounded in our desire to offer prospective doctors with the tools they need to succeed while providing an exceptional learning and mentoring experience. Our vision is to create the most engaging and effective EdTech platform supported by world class physicians and educators for students from all walks of life.
Working for MedSchoolCoach
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, educators, tutors, advisors, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At MedSchoolCoach, we value problem solvers who take initiative, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally. We welcome all employee contributions in whatever shape or form they manifest, especially as our organization continues to grow.
This is a part-time, contract role. For compensation, we use a Relative Value Unit (RVU) based system. MedSchoolCoach allocates a specific amount of RVUs to each service and package and bases those amounts on various factors that impact the completion of required tasks, including anticipated hours of work. College advisors can expect to earn approximately $75-$90 per RVU. Bonuses and raises will be given for years of service and exceptional work.