Biotechnology Equity Research & Investment Banking Associates
New York, NY
Title: Biotechnology Equity Research & Investment Banking Associates (MD or PhD degree preferred)
Chardan is seeking science associates to join its biotech equity research and investment banking teams. Each position is a learning role, where no preference for equity research or investment banking needs to be declared to start. Chardan, as part of rotations up to one year in duration, is committed to teaching/mentoring for a range of skills and licenses necessary to excel in the healthcare finance field. Prior Chardan Research Associates and other junior hires have graduated to impressive full-time senior roles at Chardan, and elsewhere in the investment banking, VC/private equity, and consulting fields.
Chardan (“Where disruption banks”) is a boutique, global, full-service investment bank. By focusing on disruptive technologies that can generate real value for society, Chardan has become a global leader in genetic medicines (gene therapy, gene editing, nucleic acid medicines), cell therapy, disruptive oncology, microbiome medicines, and other advanced therapeutics spaces.
- Help conduct medical or scientific diligence in cutting-edge areas of the healthcare space; with sufficient progress, associates may assist in conducting primary research with key opinion leaders
- Write background scientific summaries of therapeutic areas in a generalist-friendly and scientifically-rigorous fashion, thus helping drive the generation of actionable ideas for various stakeholders
- Assist with scientific conferences, special projects, analyses, presentations, and/or reports as assigned
- Keep abreast of industry and company news in biotech areas of focus and new areas of interest
- Begin to learn to build and maintain detailed therapeutic models and company financial models
- Complete regulatory licenses (e.g. Series 7, SIE, 63, 79TO, 86, 87) and training (e.g. CFA Level I)
- Outstanding academic performance in a life science field (MD or PhD from a top university preferred)
- Outstanding verbal/written communicator; highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to think critically in analyzing scientific evidence to author in-depth evidence-based reports
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in order to meet strict and competing deadlines
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Chardan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.