Biotechnology Equity Research Analyst
New York, NY | San Francisco, CA
BIOTECHNOLOGY EQUITY RESEARCH ANALYST
Eversept Partners, a ~$1.2bn AUM Life Sciences focused investment advisor, seeks a Biotechnology Equity Research Analyst to be based in our New York or San Francisco office.
Eversept Partners is a growing investment firm, with its flagship hedge fund in its 13th year. We value conscientiousness, respect for others, personal courage and integrity. We seek colleagues who thrive on responsibility and operate with intellectual humility, intensity and a sense of ownership for their work and personal development. We are deeply focused on investment process, understanding the basic science, and continual learning.
The Equity Research Analyst will work side by side with the CIO and will be responsible for coverage of biopharmaceutical equities. The role entails performing all aspects of security analysis. Our approach is deeply fundamental. The Analyst will need comfort with hard science, medical concepts, and clinical trial analysis. Responsibilities will require you to:
- Conduct original, primary research on biopharmaceutical companies.
- Rigorously analyze clinical data, research adjacent medical literature and attend medical conferences.
- Distill medical concepts to their basic essence and effectively communicate them.
- Collaborate with and interview industry executives and key opinion leaders.
- Monitor company holdings and conduct surveillance of emerging technologies.
The candidate should be creative, enthusiastic, and be able to demonstrate a passion for investing. The candidate should be process-oriented, clear thinking, and collaborative.
- Advanced technical degree
- 2+ years in management consulting, finance or industry
- Basic proficiency in financial analysis
- Basic stock market fluency
Please send your CV and answers to the questions below so we can get to know you better. Feel free to submit anything else that supports your candidacy.
- What is the best risk/reward setup in biopharma in the next 12 months? (a write-up or supporting documentation is encouraged)
- What is the worst business development deal a large pharma made in 2023 and why?
- As if it were a New York Times cookbook recipe, please describe the abbreviated high-level steps of your process for analyzing a clinical trial.
- What is the most unappreciated healthcare theme, idea, invention or concept that will matter over the next decade?
SALARY TRANSPARENCY NOTICES
Pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the salary range for this position in New York City is $150,000 USD to $250,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on our compensation practices. Compensation in other locations may vary.
Eversept Partners LP is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.