Biotech Senior Associate/Vice President
Remote/Flexible | New York, NY
Biotech Senior Associate/Vice President, Amzak Health
Amzak Health, a healthcare investment company based in New York City, is seeking a Senior Associate/Vice President to join our biotech team. Amzak Health has permanent investment capital and invests across the healthcare sector including therapeutics and devices. We invest in both private and public companies that are developing products that are both clinically important and commercially attractive. Our investment professionals take an active role in our portfolio companies.
The Senior Associate/Vice President will play an important role in generation of new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence and working with existing portfolio companies. A successful candidate will have a strong scientific and/or clinical background and have a good understanding of business principles and market dynamics in the biotech sector.
- Support the investment process from sourcing through due diligence and deal closing.
- Perform preclinical and clinical data analysis.
- Conduct market research.
- Review regulatory documents and correspondence.
- Meet with company management.
- Attend investment and medical conferences.
- Conduct due diligence calls with physicians and other consultants.
- Build and maintain financial models.
- Prepare investment memos on potential investments.
- Attend board meetings and work on projects to build portfolio company value.
- MD or PhD in relevant scientific discipline.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of prior non-academic work experience in healthcare venture capital, healthcare consulting, buy-side or sell-side equity research, a relevant operating role in a biotech/pharma company, or investment banking.
- Strong work ethic and commitment.
- Exceptional scientific acumen.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very detail oriented.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and easily transition among a number of concurrent projects.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and non-hierarchical team environment.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
Attractive compensation structure based on team performance.