Biotech Research Analyst
Catalio Capital Management
NEW YORK, NY
Catalio Capital Management is a multi-strategy financial firm that invests in breakthrough life science companies. We work directly with world-renowned scientist-entrepreneurs to identify and translate groundbreaking research that can serve as the foundation of category-defining startups developing novel drugs, devices, diagnostics, and data-driven insights.
Catalio is a close-knit and highly energetic team of smart and ambitious people. You’ll work side by side with professional investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, and clinicians to help us support companies bringing leading innovations to market that will meaningfully improve the lives of patients.
The biotech research analyst will join a team of investment professionals with a blend of financial and scientific expertise. The role will support financial, commercial, and technical analysis of investments across private equity, public equity, and structured credit. The analyst will work directly with portfolio managers and have ample opportunity to contribute to idea generation and investment decisions across strategies.
- Build and maintain financial models of private biotech companies
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize preclinical/clinical data and scientific literature
- Conduct due diligence with key opinion leaders and clinicians
- Prepare investment memos on prospective investments
- Prospective deal sourcing and screening
- Interface with company management
- BA/BS required; advanced degree in biological sciences or related field preferred (e.g., MD, biomedical/chemical engineering, biology, etc.)
- 2-3+ years of buy or sell side experience covering biotech/pharma or healthcare investment banking experience
- Experience analyzing clinical trial design and interpreting clinical and scientific data
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is full-time, in-person in the NoMad district in New York City.
Catalio Capital Management is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer, and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and genetics.