Biotech / Healthcare / Devices / Diagnostics Analyst - Hedge Fund
SilverArc Capital Management
Our firm is a growing healthcare hedge fund, currently with $240 million in assets. We have a strong focus on therapeutics/biotechnology, investing at all stages of drug development. We also invest in other healthcare subsectors including medical devices, diagnostics and tools. The firm has an audited 8+ year history of running “friends and family” money prior to “re-launching” with a diverse institutional client base on July 1, 2019. We are looking to grow the team and are searching for an analyst to support the portfolio manager on all facets of the research process.
In particular, we are looking for a candidate has at least 1 of the following criteria: 1) Extensive medical device and/or medical diagnostics investing experience 2) Meaningful experience sourcing and leading private deals in biotechnology 3) Strong experience in evaluating and/or investing in public biotech companies.
Previous buy side or sell side experience is a must.
Moreover, our “ideal” candidate would have a blend of scientific and financial experience including several of the following characteristics:
- MD, PhD or undergraduate degree in a biological science
- Industry experience at a biotech, medical device, medical diagnostics or tools company
- Clinical trial experience, analyzing clinical trial design and interpreting scientific and clinical data
- Passion for evaluating biotech, medical device and/or medical diagnostics product launches
- Experience in evaluating private companies in addition to public companies
- Strong financial and modeling experience
- Thrives in a less-structured, entrepreneurial environment
Please apply if you have an interest in discussing this opportunity. If not, we would welcome an introduction to other candidates that you may know with an appropriate background.