Biotech Analyst For Hedge Fund
Remote/Flexible | New York, NY
Mangrove Partners is a New York-based hedge fund manager founded in 2010. Mangrove invests globally and manages approximately $1 billion. We have a small team and are looking to add a biotech/healthcare analyst. This role is for a driven, talented candidate with a history of academic and professional excellence who can dig deep on the science.
The ideal candidate has a medical degree and 1-3 years of sellside or buyside experience. We are also open to candidates who do not have financial services experience but have science degrees or research backgrounds from top universities and a deep interest in investing. The analyst will work directly with one of the Partners, and the goal is to transition to a senior role.
Please submit your resume, and a paragraph on why you're interested in pursuing a career in healthcare investing and your background/experience in it. Candidates who do not submit a paragraph will not be considered.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Biology, Medicine, Chemistry or other related scientific fields from a top university
- Post graduate degree in medicine or life sciences preferred
- 1-3 years of sellside or buyside experience in equity research
- Ability to analyze clinical data and clinical trial designs
- Basic financial modeling skills. We can provide training if you do not have it
- Entrepreneurial spirit with intense curiosity
- High attention to detail; able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously