Remote/Flexible | San Francisco, CA
BioCentury, a global business intelligence company serving the biopharmaceutical industry and investors, is seeking a Biopharma Analyst to create written content analyzing trends, breakthroughs and opportunities related to drug development and the biopharma industry.
KEY JOB OBJECTIVE
The analyst will work within the Editorial group to create value-add intelligence on critical topics in drug development, including innovation across the R&D continuum -- biological targets and pathways, clinical results and regulatory designations -- as well as public and private financing, M&A and deal activity, and global policy issues relevant to biopharma companies. Analysts are expected to develop original points of view, build deep and extensive networks of sources, carry out research topics, and pitch proposals for analysis pertinent to our audience’s business decision-making.
- Write analytical content related to one or more of the following areas:
- Innovation in drug development, from new science to clinical trials
- Regulatory science and policy changes
- Reimbursement and market access
- Finance, partnering deals, M&A and cross-border transactions
- Geopolitical developments affecting trade, IP, drug pricing and other factors
- Global biotech ecosystems and emerging hot spots
- Develop data-driven content, use data to supplement and inform articles, and work with research team and data analysts to define the scope and source of data for each purpose
- Develop content ideas and grow analytical expertise in emerging areas of relevance to the biopharma industry
- Represent the company at BioCentury and other conferences, contributing as needed to development, speaker selection or recruitment, and moderation of panels or fireside chats.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in biomedical science, finance or business analytics
- Experience generating original content, via reports or articles, for a knowledgeable commercial audience
- Ability to develop a network of contacts among opinion leaders, innovators and other experts
- Experience integrating, analyzing and presenting data from complex databases an advantage
- Familiarity with sources such as ClinicalTrials.gov, EDGAR, Orange Book, Red Book, PACER or PubMed is an advantage
Finally, all BioCentury employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and our audience.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company-sponsored U.S. health and life insurance
- 401(k) plan
For over 25 years, BioCentury has helped C-level biotech executives make business-critical decisions by providing independent deep-dive analysis, high-quality data, and business intelligence on a global scale. We report on and dissect trends before others, helping to better position our customers for change and to capitalize on that change before the competition. No matter where our customers are in the drug development process — from idea to patient — we help answer critical questions, decipher strategic trends, objectively evaluate product and business strategies, and assess competitive, financial, and policy risks.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter. Applications with no cover letter will not be considered.