Associate / Vice President
Bain Capital Life Sciences
BAIN CAPITAL OVERVIEW
Since its inception in 1984, Bain Capital has employed a strategic, analytical approach to identify attractive investment opportunities and partner with management teams to transform and improve their businesses. Our affiliates manage approximately $105 billion in private equity, public equity, leveraged debt, and venture capital investments across multiple sectors, industries, and asset classes. Our competitive advantage is grounded in a diligence-intensive, value-added investment approach that enables the firm to deliver industry-leading returns for its investors. Headquartered in Boston, Bain Capital offices are in New York, Chicago, Palo Alto, San Francisco, London, Munich, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Mumbai, Dublin, Melbourne, and Sydney.
LIFE SCIENCES OVERVIEW
Bain Capital Life Sciences (https://www.baincapital.com/businesses/scaling-innovation-life-sciences) focuses on making outstanding long-term investments in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, and life science technology companies globally. Our guiding principles are to invest in companies focused on helping patients with significant unmet medical needs, driving distinctive innovation, and creating exceptional investor returns. Bain Capital Life Sciences invests in both private and public equities, as well as in select debt instruments. Our team differentiates itself though the depth and breadth of its experience in both private and public equity investing, as well as industry. At present, our funds have approximately $1.8 billion in committed capital and we manage a portfolio of 20-25 investments across four distinct investment archetypes: inflection capital, growth capital, fallen angels, and larger private equity.
The Life Sciences team models its approach on Bain Capital’s proven investment method to develop differentiated insight and drive change that enables the next phase of financial and technical/scientific growth for its portfolio companies. The investment process places an emphasis on rigorous analysis of pre-clinical and clinical research, strategic positioning, competitive dynamics, business model sustainability, and management team alignment and capability. The investment professionals of Bain Capital Life Sciences provide significant ongoing strategic and operational support for its portfolio, seeking to not only generate consistently strong returns, but to also enable unmatched growth value creation by the companies it invests in.
We are currently seeking an Associate and/or Vice President to join a growing and dynamic, Boston-based team. Associates/Vice Presidents work directly with senior Life Sciences investment professionals to support the generation of new investment ideas, conduct due diligence, and help support existing investments. A successful candidate will be able to understand, interpret, and integrate information from diverse therapeutic areas in order to reach investment conclusions. It will also be important for candidates to understand business principles, financial analysis, and market dynamics in the drug and medical device sectors. Associates/Vice Presidents have broad exposure to company management teams, investor conferences, and the research process and resources that Bain Capital Life Sciences utilizes to make investments.
Specific responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Conducting due diligence calls with physicians, scientists, and other consultants
- Attending scientific and medical conferences and providing actionable updates
- Performing market analysis and building therapeutic market and financial models
- Developing and fielding market research surveys and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments
- Contributing to the preparation of Investment Committee materials
- Working with existing portfolio companies to support management teams
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. and/or M.D. from a top-tier university, with a preference for candidates with extensive coursework in biomedical or chemical sciences
- Two to five years of professional experience at either:
- A top-tier investment bank, venture capital, public or private equity, or consulting firm with a healthcare focus (candidates with two to three years of pre-doctoral industry experiences in life sciences will also be considered); or
- A biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device company in research, development, or business development
- Excellent professional and academic track record
- Exceptional business analytic and quantitative skills
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic, and commitment
- Commitment to being an outstanding collaborator and team member
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply with an updated resume through the "Apply Now" button.