Associate / Vice President
Qiming Venture Partners
Cambridge, MA | South San Francisco, CA | Seattle, WA
Job Title: Associate / Vice President
Location: Boston / San Francisco Bay Area / Seattle
Founded in 2017, Qiming Venture Partners USA is a US-based healthcare venture capital firm. Our firm invests in therapeutics and digital health companies in the United States and Europe. Situated in the major life science hubs of Boston, San Francisco, and Seattle, we invest in disruptive platforms and products addressing significant unmet needs, driven by passionate and committed teams with the depth and experience to succeed.
An exciting and varied position, the individual will join the growing team in either the Boston, San Francisco Bay Area or Seattle office and work across all aspects of investing and portfolio management. A motivated and enthusiastic individual who works on their own initiative with light supervision. Confident, positive, high-energy, and capable of easily interacting with senior management. Flexible and willing to get involved across multiple project work streams simultaneously.
• Conduct primary due diligence independently and as part of the core team, including scientific, clinical, financial, and IP review
• Lead sector analysis/opportunity landscaping to identify new potential investment areas based on emerging research
• Develop investment theses, prepare and present materials to support potential deals
• Source potential investment opportunities
• Monitor and assist with management of portfolio companies, support board-level activities as necessary
• Stay up to date with industry trends and activities, follow public/private company financings and performance to support investment/divestment decisions and portfolio management
• Build and develop a network across academic, industry, and venture capital ecosystems to support due diligence and deal flow
• Attend and report on academic and industry conferences
• Support fund management and fundraising activities as needed
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Strong scientific and/or clinical background – MD and/or PhD in biological or clinical sciences (preference)
• Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience in an operating role, VC/PE, investment banking, or management consulting with a life science/healthcare focus
• Passion and curiosity for healthcare entrepreneurship and innovation
• Familiarity with the biotech start-up ecosystem, healthcare landscape, and current scientific literature
• Ability to analyze a healthcare business from multiple angles - comfortable reading scientific publications, evaluating intellectual property, exploring competitive landscapes, and debating clinical or financing strategies
• Outstanding analytical skills, strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions (exposure to financial modeling preferred)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work across numerous work streams and projects simultaneously
• Humble, enthusiastic, professional, ambitious with high EQ
Working at Qiming USA
This role offers a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of healthcare innovation, supporting and building companies that will bring next generation therapeutics and healthcare solutions to market. We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to join a dynamic and diverse team committed to improving healthcare outcomes.
Qiming is an equal opportunity employer, with a commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive work environment for all employees.
To apply, please submit a CV and Cover Letter.