Associate Director, Translational Medicine
Cartesian Therapeutics, Inc.
Cartesian Therapeutics, a fully-integrated, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing potent yet safer cell and gene therapies to treat the broadest range of patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases, is welcoming applications for an Associate Director, Translational Medicine at our Gaithersburg, MD offices.
The Director will interface with all divisions of a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company to enable the translation from preclinical to clinical research of multiple cutting-edge technologies. Cartesian's fully-integrated structure ensures that the Director leverages the full M.D. skillset while providing a 360-degree learning opportunity for translating preclinical discoveries into clinical programs. The Director will contribute to discovery, preclinical investigation, quality assurance and control, cGMP manufacturing, clinical operations, and clinical enabling studies for one or more programs in the Cartesian pipeline. The Director will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and present data from preclinical experiments to inform ongoing clinical trials
- Analyze, monitor and validate clinical data to translate clinical discoveries to preclinical programs
- Develop, implement and analyze clinical methods for ongoing clinical trials
- Interface and assist the cGMP manufacturing and Quality Assurance / Control teams in manufacturing patient product for clinical trials
- Interface with and assist the clinical operations team to ensure rapid translation and flawless execution of clinical programs
- Work closely with founders and senior management (all MD/PhDs) to execute the Company's overall clinical development strategy
Candidates must have an M.D. degree, be highly motivated to develop curative therapies for cancer and autoimmune diseases, be comfortable and thrive in an immersive, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, and have a stellar, Oslerian work-ethic.
Cartesian is an equal-opportunity employer.