Associate Director Life Science Practice
Navigant, A Guidehouse Company
San Francisco, CA | Chicago, IL | Los Angeles, CA
Interested in working with talented people to help develop innovative solutions to some of society’s most complex and challenging problems? We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC’s former public sector practice and Navigant’s deep expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Is life sciences in your DNA? Breakthroughs in pharma are helping people live healthier lives, while medical devices enable patients to proactively maintain health – this is undoubtedly a transformative time for health care companies. Our Life Sciences practice is an engine of innovation, helping pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, and diagnostic companies develop custom solutions that tackle today’s challenges, while anticipating tomorrows. You will have an immediate impact by partnering with our clients, across all levels, to deliver product planning, pricing, reimbursement, product commercialization, and regulatory and compliance solutions. Do you think you are up for the challenge?
Associate Directors are responsible for managing projects from cultivation to completion, driving impactful and successful results for clients. This includes development of the strategy based on the specific client needs and leading teams to implement the solution. In this role, you will oversee the activities of the designated project team and support the day-to-day management of the client relationship. You will effectively develop strategic solutions, manage work plans, staffing, deadlines and budgets for multiple projects simultaneously. Your work products are high-quality and client-ready. In this visible role, you will lead team meetings and guide, manage, and coach staff consultants, providing constructive feedback on project participation and overall career development. You will collaborate with Directors and Managing Directors, keeping them abreast of project progress and important developments. As an Associate Director, you will participate in sales initiatives and drive practice development.
We encourage career development and hiring for the long term. As an Associate Director, you will follow a clearly defined career path and continue to hone your professional expertise, business development skills and an ability to own multiple complex workstreams. As you achieve client outcomes and business development results, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Director level.
- BA/BS degree in Science, Biomedical Engineering, Healthcare, Business or related course of study, advanced degree/PhD.
- 8 plus total years of relevant life science industry (pharmaceutical, biotech, specialty pharma and/or medical technology) and strategy consulting experience.
- Must have subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas as it pertains to life sciences: product planning and development; market access, pricing & reimbursement; product commercialization; franchise & business unit strategy; corporate strategy; regulatory & compliance.
- 3 plus years leading project engagements which includes planning, scoping, budget development, management and resource allocation, and managing multiple or more complex projects within scope, timeline and budget.
- 3 plus years formal management of team performance to achieve project goals and exceed client expectations.
- Must be willing and able to travel to client sites across the US, up to 30% of the time.
- Demonstrated success formally supervising, coaching and mentoring junior level staff including ownership and guidance of their career development.
- Authorized/eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Track record of managing a team’s performance to achieve project goals and exceed client expectations.
- Must be collaborative and a team player.
- Must have exceptional client management experience including expanding client relationships within an organization.
- Experience working and collaborating with senior leadership to pursue add-on and cross business opportunities at external clients.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges with a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation and significant regulatory pressure. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, we help clients create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare them for future growth and success. Headquartered in Washington DC, the company has more than 7,000 professionals in more than 50 locations. Guidehouse is led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/qFdlCxkmAPi908Ai8QTNm?domain=guidehouse.com.
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program