Associate Director, Data & Analytics
Remote/Flexible | San Francisco, CA
Now in its 30th year, BioCentury Inc. is internationally recognized as the leading provider of value-added information, analysis and data for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, investors, academia and government.
BioCentury identifies and analyzes the strategic issues essential to the formation, development and sustainability of life science ventures. The company employs a fully integrated multimedia platform — including electronic publications, online data solutions, interactive websites, webcasts and conferences — to provide its audience with authoritative and up-to-date intelligence about corporate strategy, partnering, emerging technologies and biological targets, clinical data, public policy and financial markets.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Data & Analytics.
Key job objective:
The Associate Director, Data & Analytics is a core member of the team responsible for expanding the scope of the Company’s data business, developing the Company’s current BCIQ product and future products to anticipate and meet needs of drug developers, investors, innovators and other key stakeholders in the biopharma industry. The Associate Director will report to the Director, Data & Analytics, and be a member of the Editorial team responsible for business intelligence, research and data and analytics.
The Associate Director, Data & Analytics will work with the Director Data & Analytics, and across departments, to drive the expansion and integration of the Company’s data products into the Company’s business intelligence platform. The Associate Director will bring knowledge of database use cases and experience building information solutions for biotech and pharma companies, commitment to high-quality data management, and demonstrated aptitude for evaluating and applying next-generation tools and implementing change.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working in cross-functional teams to identify data initiatives required to support both customer and internal use cases
- Converting business needs and use cases into specifications for developers
- Working directly with data engineers to create dashboards and other information solution tools for both customers and internal users
- Working with developers to apply machine learning and AI to add value to the database
- Developing tools and technologies to customer-ready status and integrating them into the Company’s organizational workflow
- Collaborating with the Product Management group to specify UI/UX requirements for data products
- Collaborating with the Technology group to specify tools and processes required to support the Company’s data acquisition and curation needs
- Evaluating and proposing analytical tools to enable advanced data content, ie, data graphics, and aiding implementation of the tools throughout Editorial and other parts of the Company as needed
- Post-graduate degree or equivalent experience in biomedical science, business analysis or finance
- At least 3 years’ full-time experience working with databases for biotechs, pharma companies, investors or other stakeholders in the biopharma industry
- Experience working with digital technologies and standards for bioinformatics, metadata and data management
- Experience in data modeling; knowledge of SQL and data transformation tools
- Ability to create dashboards and reports using analytics tools such as PowerBI, Tableau
- Experience working with Python, R and other data science tool sets is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and remotely in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work across multiple time zones with Company staff and external contractors in the U.S., Europe and Asia
This is a full-time position.
All BioCentury employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and our audience.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Company-sponsored health and life insurance
- 401(k) plan
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.