Associate, Cowen Healthcare Investments
Cowen Investment Management
New York, NY
Cowen Investment Management is seeking a research associate to join our Cowen Healthcare Investments team. The role is based in New York City and will support our investment team with a primary focus on private investments.
- Monitoring and analyzing a portfolio of private biotechnology and healthcare companies.
- Sourcing investment opportunities.
- Conducting company-specific investment research across a range of healthcare subsectors, with a focus on biopharmaceuticals.
- Interviewing physicians and industry consultants.
- Maintaining and developing company models.
- Updating research databases; and supporting general investment activity.
- Exceptional academic record; preference for a higher degree in a life science-related field (MD or PhD) and prior experience in relevant areas of the biopharma industry.
- Prior work experience on the sell-side or buy-side with coverage of biotechnology companies.
- Outstanding analytical skills. Ability to do deep primary research, analyze and draw conclusions from information.
- Has a desire to become deeply involved in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well on a small team, self-motivated, and a willingness to work hard.