Associate, Biotech Team At Woodline Partners
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Woodline Partners LP, an investment firm that implements a market neutral equity strategy utilizing a rigorous, bottom-up, fundamentally driven research process, is looking for an Associate to join their Biotech team.
Responsibilities: The Associate will be responsible for supporting the investment team in the analysis of company and industry intelligence.
- Quickly acquire competency in the firm’s investment principles and process
- Gather proprietary data on industry, companies, and markets
- Build and maintain research and financial models
- Develop and cultivate relationships and conduct interviews with company management and industry experts and participants
- Attend industry conferences
- Originate and source new investment ideas and opportunities
Qualifications: The Associate needs to be a highly driven and intellectually curious, independent thinking, and self-starting investment professional with 2-5+ years of highly relevant work/study experience. The Associate needs to have strong interest or experience in biotech either from investing, finance, industry or academia, and have a strong interest in identifying public biotech investment opportunities.
- 2-5+ years of biotech experience from either an investing role (VC/PE; hedge fund; long only), finance role (investment banking; equity research), industry, and/or academia
- Top academic performance
- A passion for investing
- Able to synthesize results of qualitative and quantitative research and analysis into implications, key trends and/or recommendations
- Excellent working knowledge of finance, accounting, and financial model building
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Advanced scientific degree (such as M.D. or Ph.D.) ideal, but not required